(The title of this entry is in honor of my good friend, Kathy!)
So...this is my life...
This fine piece of photo art is my dinner last night. Pretty boring. Grilled chicken breast. Red grapes. Fresh french cut green beans. And almonds. BLAH! More proof that I need to learn how to cook...and not Paula Deen style. Jillian Michaels style. I've got to liven up this food regimen a bit. Some friends have sent me a few great recipes for healthy food that freezes well. And I just bought a book that I will read while in Destin next week. I hope to come back with some great ideas and will to fire up my gas stove (it is the favorite thing about my apartment and I don't even use it). If you have any advice or thoughts on healthy cooking for one, I'd love to hear your ideas.
On another note, I completed the first day of the Couch-to-5K program. I completed the workout and felt good about that. Also tacked on some abdominal exercises. Special shout out to Jamie and Ashley who started yesterday as well! We're doing it together! Although, I'm technically not "coming off of the couch." No...its worse than that. I'm more like "under the couch" trying to get out from under it before I lay on it then sit on it then manage to stand up and finally jog a 5K. I recognize I have a little extra work to do and I need to be doing more cardio. No running today. After work, I'm hitting the gym in my office building for 45 minutes on the elliptical. My "rest" day will be Friday. As my sister told me this morning, "You need to sweat." So simple, yet so profound. Sweat followed by a salad at dinner. Followed by the DWTS (Dancing with the Stars) semi-final results show. As an aside, once I run this 1/2 marathon in January, my next goal will be landing a spot on Dancing with the Stars. Have you seen how much weight Kirstie Alley has lost? Homegirl is looking good. They could simply change the title to "Dancing with the Stars...and one regular person."
Tit for tat. Fit not fat.

After I had Sydney I had to change the way I eat in order to lose the baby weight. I went to Kelly's blog and found some GREAT recipes http://healthifiedkitchen.blogspot.com/. She puts a healthy spin on her recipes and I love it. I also became a huge fan of mushrooms. I will cook chicken thighs and onions in Pam olive oil (fat free! Yay!) and when they are just about done I dump in a pile of mushroom and cook for 5 more minutes. YUMMO!
ReplyDeleteAlso, Bethanny Frankel's Skinny Girl recipes are GREAT!
Congrats on your progress! For me, diet was the difficult part.
Turkey chili! With a few baked tostitos and some sliced purple onions - delish, I'll tell you a few of my faves while we are in Destin :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you'll find some good favorites soon. Ya just gotta experiment with different recipes.
ReplyDeleteAnd regarding DWTS -- Kirstie Alley looks amazing!! I wanna take up ballroom dancing -- how fun would that be?? :D
I miss you!
ReplyDelete