(Before I begin today's entry, I have to make another plea to one of my amazing friends who sent me a cookbook full of healthy recipes. It has to be one of you coming to Destin this week because you mentioned bringing your running shoes. No signature. Fess up because I won't be able to sleep unless you are publicly acknowledged and a thank you note is in the mail. As an aside, that was an EXTREMELY thoughtful gift and it will be put to good use. This week I think I might blog about needing $10 million dollars. Maybe someone will send me cash in the mail next! A girl can dream...)
Well, folks. It was bound to happen. Something on this body was bound to break. Technically, nothing is broken yet, but I have an appointment with an orthopedist on Wednesday to take a look at my right knee.
Some of you might remember last July when I ended up in the ER after busting a cap. No, literally. I busted a cap...my right knee cap. I was walking Hank outside...he decided to go one way and my legs decided to go another. Needless to say, he won. I tore open my right knee and had to get 7 stitches.
That same knee has been bothering me for the last two weeks or so and now it's become unbearable. So, in an effort to put safety first, I made a doctor's appointment. Between now and then I'm going to take it a bit easy and just concentrate on eating healthy, drinking water and some abdominal workouts.
I'll send an update after Wednesday's appointment. And maybe even include a pic of the x-ray!
Tit for tat. Fit not fat.
Smart move--never ignore pain!!!
ReplyDeleteYou can do some arm exercises with free weights in place of cardio. Hopefully your appointment goes well and it'll be an easy fix.
ReplyDelete