Friday, May 13, 2011

All Smiles! 246 days left!

My post today is actually rather random and has absolutely nothing to do with my journey to crossing the 1/2 marathon finish line in January, but I feel the need to share this experience.  I just had the most fabulous dental exam of my life. 

Seriously...it was an AMAZING experience from beginning to end.  I received a recommendation to a new dentist in Atlanta from a co-worker.  I made the appointment several weeks ago and figured it would be like most other 6-month cleanings I've had in the past.  False.

First of all, I walk into the building, which is reminiscent of a day spa.  I am greeted with the MOST enthusiastic attitude by the lovely receptionist, Michelle.  And, yes, she had a great smile.  I was asked to fill out my paperwork, most of which they had already completed for me based on my inital call when I made the appointment.  Gotta love that.  Upon finishing my paperwork, I was promptly taken to the back for the digital photo session.  My personal hygenist, Alex, was extremely excited to see me.  Too bad homeboy plays for the other team.  He talked throughout the entire photo session...he proceeded to tell me that he is a mechanic on the side.  I've never heard of a mechanic/dental hygenist.  It scared me at first because I wasn't sure if would get confused while he was all up in my grill, but since I was having such a great time, I decided to just go with it.  After he told me about how much he enjoys working on his Honda, he asked me where I was from.  I said, "I'm a Cajun girl from south Louisiana."  He replied in a very FABULOUS way, "Ohhhh...gurrrrrl.  You a Cajun and I'm a Asian!"  Needless to say, I popped out laughing.

I forgot to mention how absoultey clean and sanitary everything was, which is ideal for a dentist's office.  I'm pretty sure I could've eaten off of the floor.

After taking photos of my mouth, Alex took me to the next room where I met Becky.  But Alex did not just show me to the other room.  Oh no.  He carried my purse for me.  I felt like I was at the nail salon.  So I immediately fell in love with Alex, but had no idea what a hoot Becky would be. 

The Beckster immediately put her hands in my mouth and went to work.  She proceeded to jump right into giving me her very personal background information.  Come to find out she was married to a man for 20 something years who left her for a 30-year-old.  She recently went back to Pensacola for a high school reunion and ended up hitting it off with a former flame.  Didn't catch his name because she was talking so fast, but we'll call him Bob for the sake of conversation.  Well...Bob is a HUGE Jimmy Buffet fan.  She says Bob even looks like Jimmy Buffet.  Bob lives in Pensacola and went to Margaritaville last night for some fun with the guys.  According to Becky, Bob had A LOT of fun and is feeling the effects by way of a serious headache and nausea today.  The Beckster said that Bob only had one margarita, but had acquired quite a few coupons for free beer at the fine establishment and he cashed in all of his coupons.

After Becky finished up my routine cleaning, which turned out to be anything but routine, I met with Dr. Wingfield.  Yes, folks.  That is his name.  He was so nice and very quick.  Apparently, I still have good teeth.  He did comment that my teeth were relatively small.  I told him that was the first time anyone has called anything on my body "relatively small."  And I kindly thanked him. 

So, once again, I know this has nothing to do with getting in shape, but a healthy smile can only lead to good things!  Thank you, Buckhead Smile Center, for making my day!  I might just work out a little longer today because my mouth feels so clean.  And I will SMILE the entire time.

Tit for tat.  Fit not fat.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome and of course such a swanky place would be in Buckhead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might need to start flying to ATL to go to the dentist!!

    ReplyDelete