Thursday, April 21, 2011

You like me...you really, really like me! 268 days left!

As I went to bed last night, I thought about two very specific things: 

First and foremost, I have the most amazing family and friend network a gal could ask for.  I cannot thank you enough for the encouragement I received yesterday.  I was truly overwhelmed.  It made me realize that I CANNOT accomplish this goal on my own.  I need this team to help me get healthy.  Remember, there is no "I" in "Emily!"  Ummm...oh wait...yes there is...it's right smack dab in the middle.  But you get the gist.  I'm not doing this alone.  I feel your support and I'm truly grateful for it.

The second thought I had was, "OH.  MY.  GOSH.  Did I REALLY announce my weight to the entire viewing public?"  I mean, what the heck was I thinking?  But I got over it pretty quickly.  As my sister always says, it is what it is.  It's not like I can hide the fact that I'm overweight.  It's still difficult to divulge those types of details.  I'm pretty much laying it all out on the line.  Don't worry...I promise not to blog about every personal detail between now and January 15th.  For instance, I will not be writing about the results of my latest dental exam or pap smear. 

Today is the second day of my journey to get fit.  It also happens to be Holy Thursday.  In the Catholic religion, we have a tradition of washing the feet to commemorate the Last Supper.  I think if Jesus were here with me today, he'd tell me to skip the washing of the feet and get out there and use those feet he gave me to run!  And I don't mess with Jesus!

Today also happens to be the day that I'm "journey-ing" back to Louisiana to visit family and friends for the Easter holiday.  And yes, my tennis shoes, workout clothes, and iPod are packed!

One thing is for certain:  this if for real.  There is no going back.  To quote the great philosopher/professional football player, Peyton Manning, "It's on like donkey kong!"  Tit for Tat.  Fit not Fat!

1 comment:

  1. YOU GO GIRL!!! I am SO proud of you and impressed with your commitment....I'll be stalking this blog frequently ;)

    ReplyDelete