During my workout this morning at 6:30 am on this beautiful Easter Sunday, I thought about the meaning of Easter and what the phrase "He has Risen!" truly means. And that got me thinking about other things that have "risen" as of late.
First, the swelling of my feet. I'm not kidding. These suckers are swole up! The amount of fluid as risen to an uncomfortable level. Two reasons...I've worked them harder in the last 5 days then the last 5 months combined. And because I've eaten too much boiled crawfish than should be legal. Tonight, I will spend my last night in Louisiana with my feet propped up with my mom and my sister mindful of how blessed I am.
The second thing that has "risen" lately is my confindence that I can actually do this thang! Yes, I said "thang" not "thing." I feel this goal is has more of an attitude than just a mere "thing." It is a "thang." Thanks to everyone for all of the love, encouragement and support I've received over the last few days...especially from some of the most unexpected people. It's truly touching.
Another thing that has "risen" is my stamina. Long way to go...but I will get there! Walking faster. Breathing easier and sleeping MUCH better.
I hope that everyone has a blessed Easter with family and friends.
Tit for Tat. Fit not Fat!
Sounds like you're off to an excellent start, Em! I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog. What an incredible journey it is and will be! :D
ReplyDeleteEmily,
ReplyDeleteSomething led me to your blog, and I am so glad it did! You are hilarious!! But even better, you are inspiring! You speak about needing inspiration, and yet, you have so much to give!! Anyway, it is nice to see that you are doing GREAT! Please tell your family hello.....How is Nanny Ann?
BTW: I will be reading;)
HAPPY EASTER!
Em:
ReplyDeleteIn my best "Ahhnold" voice possible - "I'm here to pummmmp you up". Great to hear about your goal and pursuit of getting fit. You go Girl!
Hoyt
Kim,
ReplyDeleteI love you so much...thanks for the support...great to see you this morning if only for a little while! See you soon in Destin...whoop-whoop!
Hi, Jessie! So great to hear from you! I'm glad you are enjoying the blog. Thanks for the support. MaMa (Nanny Ann) is doing well. She spent Easter with us in Lafayette. She's actually coming to Atlanta for Mother's Day. She's going to fly here and we're going to have a girl's weekend. Please give my best to your family!
ReplyDeleteEmily
Hoyt,
ReplyDeleteMy ultimate goal is to be able to wear Brandy's uniform and wear it to a Committee Meeting one random Friday. It will happen! Miss y'all. Thanks for the support and encouragement. It really does mean a lot!
Em