Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cool Runnings. 261 days left!

Last night I started to feel like the "rickety old sled" in the movie Cool Runnings.  My knees hurt.  My ankles hurt.  We all know my thighs hurt.  I think my teeth hurt, too.  Been working out everyday for one week and one day.  And I feel old.

I'm like the cajun version of the Jamaican bobsled team.  That's it.  I'm a one (wo)man cajun bobsledding team.  The idea that this girl--who has struggled with her weight her entire life and who currently has little to no athletic ability--can actually run a 1/2 marathon in January is about as ludicrous as the idea that a team of Jamaican track stars can compete in an Olympic bobsledding competition. 

But at the end of the movie, the four Jamaicans carried their "rickety old sled" across the finish line.  This cajun girl is going to carry her "rickety old sled" across the finish line, too!

Tit for Tat.  Fit not Fat.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome analogy. And yes, you will make it across that finish line. I *know* you can and will!!

    ReplyDelete