Between the trip to Destin for Memorial Day and last weekend's debaucherous Bachelorette Bash in Houston, I have taken quite a few pictures and had quite a few pictures taken of me. Let's just call the pictures of me "less than flattering."
Do you know that feeling of looking at a picture of yourself and wanting nothing more than to vomit? You ask yourself, "Do I really look like that!?!?!" It must be the lighting. My posture was bad. The angle is all wrong. Well...after you see several photos of yourself (in different outfits taken from different angles while both sitting AND standing), it starts to sink in. Yes, Emily. You DO look like that.
A lot of these pictures have literally made me sick to my stomach. I've recently put on some extra pounds and this has got to stop. Nothing like a few "less than flattering" photos to kick one's butt in gear.
I still have not decided what my new goal will be, but I can tell you it will involve being able to look at a picture of myself without gagging. Going to physcial therapy again today and hoping to get a better sense of what types of workouts I can do during the upcoming months. I will be making a decision this weekend and setting that goal. You probably noticed that the countdown to the 1/2 marathon has been removed from the subject line. Soon to be replaced!
Tit for tat. Fit not fat.
That's funny because I've always thought that you and your sister are so photogenic.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Lindsay, you & Sarah are both very photogenic. But at the same time, our opinions aren't going to change how you view yourself or how you feel about it. You are on the right path to do what's right for you, especially for your health. I'm so very proud of you. You're laying it all out... no ifs, ands, or buts. You're making it happen! Can't wait to hear what your new goal will be!
ReplyDeleteI love you girl.. I think you are beautiful just the way you are. I also understand doing what you gotta do for your health and feeling good about yourself. Rooting for you to meet your goals, whatever they may be!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, ladies, for the supportive comments!
ReplyDelete