Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Drum roll, please...NEW GOAL!

Well, after much thought and prayer about setting a new goal to get healthy (since my injury is keeping me from training for the 1/2 marathon in January), I've decided that my new goal is to get under 200 lbs by December 31st.  To most, that probably doesn't seem like a big deal.  But I don't remember the last time I weighed less than 200 lbs.  Even after my gastric bypass surgery in 2003, I never got to the point where I was able to put the scale marker at 150.  I got close, but no cigar.  I know I will never weigh 120 lbs and I'm ok with that.  But I'm not ok with being obese.  I'm blessed not to have high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.  But I HAVE to do something to prevent those ailments from happening.

I think the feeling of getting on a scale and breaking that 200 barrier would be equally as gratifying as crossing the finish line of a 1/2 marathon.  I can almost taste it.  I just hope there isn't too many people around when it finally does happen because there WILL be tears. 

I have a long road ahead.  My goal is to get under 200 lbs by December 31st.  I want to start 2012 feeling good and I'll set a new goal on January 1st.  I won't be weighing myself everyday and I won't be keeping a daily countdown.  I have a little more than 6 months to make this happen and it is do-able. 

I'm excited to be back on track with a goal that I can achieve and I plan to share my progress as I've been doing with the marathon.  Once again, thanks for sticking by me.  Thanks for your encouraging words.  And most of all, thanks for your prayers.  It's 199 or bust!

Tit for Tat.  Fit not Fat. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! New goal set! I love reading your blog. And I know you can accomplish this goal. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete