I'm back. In every since of the word. I'm back home. I'm back to blogging. I'm back to eating healthy. I'm back to working out. As you may have noticed, I fell off of the wagon in July. There are reasons. But there are no excuses. I not only gained back the weight I lost between April and July, but I put on at least another 20 pounds only making this journey more difficult...but not impossible.
So here's the 411. I still can't run because of my right knee and hip. I'll never really be able to run. So that has nixed my goal of running the 1/2 marathon in January. So in June I decided to set a "weight loss" goal instead. Ummmm...yeah...there is no way I can reach that goal now that I've been pigging out for 2 months. I will be turning 30 in May. I do NOT want to turn 30 feeling like this.
If you've read my blog from the beginning, then you know I'm extremely honest. So I have to admit what has made me jump back on the bandwagon. None of my clothes are fitting. It's bad...I mean really bad. I went to put on a pair of jeans the other day. These are the jeans that used to be my "fat" jeans...I would wear them because they were comfortable and baggy. Ummm....they are now my "skinny" jeans because they are way too tight. I'm talking "show every bit of cottage cheese on my thighs" tight. I hate getting dressed in the morning. I hate shopping. I hate spending money on clothes for a bigger size.
So I'm done. I woke up this morning determined to look ahead to 30. Determined to feel better. I joined the fitness center at Woman's Hospital today. It's not a convenient location, but a great facility. I will be blogging again. Maybe not everyday, but often. It holds me accountable and quite frankly, I need the support system.
Thank you to all of my family and friends who have been supportive throughout the last year. I had someone tell me yesterday, "I don't think you can do this. You keep saying you're going to do something about it and you don't." What kind of friend would ask that? An honest one. It's true. I've made commitments in the past and not followed through for one reason or another. Well...my back is up against the wall this time. I don't have a choice. And when I'm left with no more choices, I fight. I'm fighting to get healthy. 30...look out. The bitch is back.
Tit for tat. Fit not fat.
Proud of you Em! Love you. You are absolutely gorgeous. Julie Koontz
ReplyDeleteYes! I'm glad the bitch is back. And I can't wait to keep reading. I am here to hold you accountable. You can do this.
ReplyDelete